G'Day
        if you still have the directory with the souce code in it, you can
try "make uninstall", sometimes that works. If not have a look at the "make"
file in your source directory and see where it installed your software and
delete it and its directory. If you got rid of the source, do a tar -xzvf
foo.tgz, cd foo, ./configure, make, make uninstall- if not then have a look
at that make file.
HTH

                                                                Martin