Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem: I switched
from using kdm to gdm for my login manager, since I prefer the Gnome
desktop. However, gdm fails to remember my last session, and also resets
the default session to kde every time I reboot (it's a laptop, so I
reboot often). Needless to say, this gets a bit annoying, that I must
set it to use Gnome every time I login to the system.

When I was using Mandrake 7.2, both gdm and kdm worked fine. Kdm works
fine in 8.1, but gdm is definitely screwed up. I can see that there is a
file in my ~/.gnome/ directory ("session" or something like that) which
contains the last session I was in. However, gdm is apparently ignoring
this. And of course, if I set the default to Gnome, it resets when I
reboot the system.

Anyone else run into this? Is there a fix?

Dave