Yes, all programs, unless permissions specifically prohibit it, can be used
by any user on the system.  For audio with a user, make sure that the user
is a part of the  'audio' group in /etc/group -- if not, then add the
account to the audio group, otherwise the non-root user will not be able to
use the audio device.

Michael

--
Michael Viron