> 1.    How will you eliminate duplicate rows from file 'a' and store the
> same in file 'b'?

First - it's best to use a subject line that's descriptive. Saying "help
required" doesn't really help much. Better to say something like 'help
with filtering' or something.

There is a Unix tool called 'uniq' (for unique) that does what you want. But
the file needs to first be sorted. So:

$ sort < a | uniq >b

does what I think is required. That'll return the file with the duplicate
rows taken out.

> 2.    What is special about /dev/null file ?

It's a special device (nearly everything in /dev are 'files' that inter-
face with the kernel and, ultimately, hardware) that simply discards anything
sent to it.