sorry i'm afraid i can't help you with your problem, but i would like to
know how you got exceed to work. I've tried a number of times, but the best
i got was an x teminal window, no full desktop, what settings in exceed did
you use, any changes to Xfree86 config files ?

Actually, just had a thought, have you tried using the software manager in
webmin ?? or how about running the software manager from a command line
which you are su'ed in  ??

cheers

Jamie