> > unless you want to access your file from winows and from your post, you
> > don't, there is really no point in storing your files on fat32. As far
> > as the disk usage goes, on a 8 GB partition, the smallest block on a fat
> > 32 partition was 8 kb i think. so a 10 kb file would use up 16 kb on you
> > fat 32 partition, and a 30 kb file would use up 32 kb of space. the
> > larger the file the less percentage of space wasted. but since reiserFS
> > is native to linux you could even store your applications there and run
> > them from the reiserFS partition. somehow i wasn't able to do this on a
> > dos partion.

you can set a 4kb block with partition magic

fat32 has the advantage of being the lowest common denominator, you can have
access to your data with a single win98 boot disk, and you can access the
drive from any PC (should yours die) - Unless you have plenty of Linux
friends, getting at your files stored on a Linux partition could be real
pain.

I have a small drive in a removable bay that I backup all important
documents to (as well as tape) so in the event of something going wrong, I
can quickly take said drive to any other PC and have access to the data.
(unlike my tape backup)

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key