Stupid question alert!

Are you installing from a CDR/W drive or an old fashioned ROM drive?  I've
had no luck what so ever installing from my PLEXTOR 16/10/40a (ATAPI) and
I've tried both LM 8.1 and RH 7.2.  My cheezy/generic PINE 52x CD-ROM drive
has very few troubles however.  I don't know if this is even vaguely
relevant but even if I could get either to install they wouldn't "fully"
boot, they'd get to some point and seize and it would be a different point
each time.  Tried it with ext2 and ext3 with BOTH distros.  Don't know if
this helps hurts or makes no difference one way or another but anyway just
in case my experiences are now on record.
==================================
Separate issue I still need help with...

BTW I still haven't been able to get my PC-ZIP100 to work with either
distro, it shows on the desktop[s] but I can't access it.  I get something
about device unmountable and that I need to specify the file system type.

Mobo= Asus P3V4X revision 1.00, I'm afraid to flash it in case it hurls
HDD = Old Maxtor 8 gig, UDMA 33 family, ,5400RPM spindle
Ribbon Cable = 80 pin type AKA UDMA 66/100
Zip Drive  = NEC PC - 100
Linux' I've tried = LM 8.1 (8.0 won't boot, gets to "loading Font XServer"
and freezes, & Red Hat 7.2 ($60 version).

I know I need to send more info, please specify what that is and I will.

                             T H A N K   Y O U

                             James R. McKenzie

                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]