On Thursday 15 November 2001 07:00 am, Renato Tognaccini wrote:

> At boot I have the following message:
>
> Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
> sb: Creative ViBRA16X PnP detected
> sb: Sound Blaster Vibra16X sb config failed (out of resources?)[-2]
> sb: Failed to initialize Creative ViBRA16X PnP
> sb: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
> sb: I/O region in use.

I got the same (or similar) errors and problems with my classic Soundblaster
16.  I finally discovered that I had a BIOS setting wrong.  Check your BIOS
and make sure that all of you ISA slots are set to "AUTO".  For some reason,
the slot that had my soundcard was set for IRQ5, which shouldn't have been a
problem since Mandrake was trying to set it up as IRQ5 also.  However, the
conflict caused the problem.  Set the BIOS to AUTO...and music!  Good luck!

In addition, I cannot run aRTs for some reason.  It freezes up any access to
the soundcard.

-Linus