Try /usr/local - that's where mine ended up.  "Installed so fast"
sounds suspicious though - normally a download instalation takes
ages.

As for browser wars -

Netscape has two advantages - it's an integrated mail client and
browser, and it's cross-platform (the latter being the main
reason I use it - we only have one Linux box at work, so I'm
often working from Windows).  6.2 is not perfect, but much less
buggy than the appalling 6.0. AIM tends not to work, but that's
because AOL tends not to work.

Robin