> How to change the color of root terminal(both fg and bg) in 8.1?
> I used to do it using settings, schema and white on black and save seetings.

Are you referring to an xterm or konsole (X console) or one of the virtual
terminals? (I don't think colors on VC's can be changed, but I could be
wrong.)

For xterms you can use -bg and -fg settings, i.e:

# xterm -fg Blue -bg Yellow &

There's an rgb file somewhere underneath /usr/X11R6 (I forget the exact
name and path) which lists all the color names. You can permanently set
these colors by entering the appropriate lines in your Xresources file:

XTerm:foregroundcolor Skyblue1
XTerm:backgroundcolor Wheat

(The exact format is close to that I think, but the capitalization may
be off.)