I found this link while visiting the Synaptics.com for info on their
 touchpad and see if it could help me with getting the touchpad to work for
 Linux. They provided a link to a fella by the name of Bruce Kall. As usual
 the info is in regards to RedHat installation, but that shouldn't really
 matter. The fact is there is a driver for it, but it may be out of my
league
 as for installing it and setting it up. If someone else happens to have the
 Synaptics touchpad they can put it the link to good use.

 http://compass.com/synaptics/