On Friday 23 November 2001 21:48, you wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I would like to install the lnx4win option on my son's
> computer.  I know that Mandrake 8.1 has the option of installing with the
> command "lnx4win".  I tried that, but it appears that it will repartition
> the hard drive.   I don't want to do that.  Any ideas?

You have to defrag the m$-drive before starting lnx4win! Otherwise lnx4win
runs into problems creating enough space, as you'll be installing in a
m$windows folder:)
You've always got the option of zipslack as well though, if it's linux in
general you want to install that way. It's about the easiest and safest
procedure IMHO.

Good luck,
Harm Bathoorn