On Tuesday 27 November 2001 09:44 am, Anuerin G.Diaz wrote:
> hi to all,
>
>    this is one problem that I shelved that i remembered just now...
>
>    how do I synchonize the linux clock with the BIOS clock? The
> timezone here is GMT+8. If I select 'Manila' in the timezone, the
> BIOS clock gets out of whack. Setting the clock to GMT or not does
> not help. I found a workaround by not selecting any timezone but Im
> hoping to find a proper way wherein all my pc clocks (especially
> when Im changing OSes) are synchronized and I still am in the right
> timezone.
>
> thanks!

   hwclock --hctosys
              Set the System Time from the Hardware Clock.

   hwclock --systohc
              Set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time.

  (see  man hwclock)   I use this alias in bashrc to set both
hardware and software clocks to a time server (U of Houston)

alias tdate="rdate -p -s tick.uh.edu && hwclock --systohc"

   You'll probly need to install rdate, it's on your CD's. You'll
also need to find a public time server in your time zone (Google).

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA