SRPMS are Source RPM's. RPM's are Red Hat package Manager installs.
Mandrake, is an RPM based distro so you can use RPM's to install things
instead of compiling from source as you have been. Enter "man rpm" into
your terminal to learn more. Once you have gotten the basic commands
down check out rpmfind.net and search for new software to install.