On Tuesday 27 November 2001 05:09 pm, Michel Clasquin wrote:
> OK, I've installed the Texstar KDE files, and i can see that things
> are a little faster. Not so much faster that my monitor is in
> danger of meltdown, but a little faster.  Some of the files are
> also less bulky than the cooker versions.
>
> Could some kind soul please explain in word of 2 syllables or less
> what object-prelinking is and what it is good for?

   No :)  (2 syllables if you count the smilely)

   FWIW, I tried teachin myself C/C++ almost 10 years ago. I doubt I
remember enough to write a 'hello world' program now, but then I
progressed into learnin classes public and private, hierarchy, etc.
Actually wrote some very useful COGO programs I used at work.
C is object orientated programming (OOP) and functions, classes,
includes, etc. are linked to the app at runtime. So simply put,
objprelink'g speeds up runtime with a faster algorithm than is
normally used before the start of the program begins, ie, main()
  [probly more descriptive than accurate]

   the real story is here
      http://www.research.att.com/~leonb/objprelink/

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA