Marek --

The documentation that comes with Mandrake is pretty good for the
beginner, IMO.  For general Linux information aimed at beginners,
there's http://www.linuxnewbie.com . I wrote some introductory Linux
stuff a couple of years ago, but it's rather out of date (particularly
the pages on window managers and applications) - it's at
http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin

Happy linuxing!

Robin