> Hi group,
>
> Can I reduce the size of my logs (/var/log/-whateverlog) in any way?  Is
> there a problem with either editing it down or deleting them altogether?
>
> Thanks!!

No, they can be deleted (I've done it).  But, by far the better way is to
edit your /etc/logrotate.conf file so that there aren't so many in the first
place.  With your favorite editor, open /etc/logrotate.conf and change every
instance of "rotate 4" to "rotate 1" (so you only keep 1 week of backlogs)
and every instance of "monthly" to "weekly" and every instance of "weekly" to
"daily".

That should take care of it.

eryl