On Friday 30 November 2001 09:52 am, you wrote:
> I compiled the .mdk package of xine 0.9.6 to play .asf files.  However, it
> keeps saying that the audiodriver <(null)> failed.

Maybe that package did not include any audio driver?

http://skyblade.homeip.net/xine/XINE-0.9.6/i686.RPMs/

This page has rpms for xine, including the sound drivers for various types of
linux sound architectures. I originally had no sound with xine. I just
installed all the sound rpms and now my xine has sound. No conflicts or
anything. Perhaps a bit brute force, but it worked.

Those are i686 rpms, if you have something else, go up a directory.

Matt