On Saturday 01 December 2001 10:06, you wrote:
> I'm having to use the floppy drive for the first time since I
> set up Mandrake 8.1 a month and a half ago. The problem is that
> it doesn't seem to be automatically mounted and I can't mount it
> myself. I'm not even sure how it's supposed to be done in the
> first place. I've tried
>
> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy (-> /dev/fd0: unknown device)
> mount -t msdos /dev/floppy /mnt/floppy (-> /dev/floppy is not a block
> device) mount -t msdos /dev/floppy/0 /mnt/floppy (-> /dev/floppy/0: unknown
> device)
>
> and HardDrake doesn't let me do anything with the floppy drive.
> What gives?
>

> +Cinquo
The floppy should have been seen on install, so ,  to mount it just type:
"mount  /mnt/floppy"  without the quotes and it should kick in. If you use
KDE desktop you can right click on the icon and you will see Mount or unmount
in the drop down list,  also remember to  "umount    /mnt/floppy" when you
are done so that the next time you stick one in it will run.  HTH

--
Dennis M.