My LAN is operating (two machines, both with LM) with NFS. Samba is not
configured, as I plan to remove Windows and have a Linux only LAN. The
machines can ping one another, and Internet connection sharing is
working. (In fact, my cybercafé is now using Linux -- hurray! -- and
customers are happy... but that's another story.)

If I try to browse the LAN in Konqueror, however, I get an error
message. Specifically, If I select Network | Local Network on the
Konqueror sidebar (which shows a URL of "lan://localhost/") in the
location field) I receive the error message "Could not connect to host
localhost". Presumably I have something misconfigured, but what?

At first I thought this might be a Konqueror issue and checked the
kde.org site, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance,
Warren
--
http://www.srcopan.vze.com/