in my "linux: the complete reference" book on p.559, it explain that to use
tcp wrappers (for monitoring connections and controlling access), we need
to put tcpd in front of the service name in the inetd.conf file.

however, mandrake uses the xinetd.conf file, which doesn't list the
services.  instead, it "includes" the dir /etc/xinetd.d/, which are the
equivalent of listing the services in xinetd.conf.  but how do we wrap the
services in /etc/xinetd.d/ in a tcpd wrapper?

thanks...