On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:52:03 -0500
Jon Doe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:46:37 +0900
> tek1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > what exactly are you trying to do?
> >
> > you usually run .jar, if it has a class in it that defines the main() method, as:
> >
> > java -jar FILE.jar
>
> That is what I am doing, this is what I get and it doesn't have anything to do with
>this particular file, I get this error for any .jar file:
>
> [jon@linuxgeek jon]$ java -jar JAP.jar
> Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
> Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
> java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: JAPView
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:native)
>         at kaffe.jar.ExecJarName.main(ExecJarName.java:70)
>         at kaffe.jar.ExecJar.main(ExecJar.java:59)
> Aborted
>
> How do I set the classpath? Or is that even gonna fix it?

what version of java do you want to use? im using the one from sun and its working
fine.

classpath is defined in the .bashrc (single person) or in the /etc/profile (all
users). my .bashrc entries look like this:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/
export CLASSPATH=.:$JAVA_HOME/lib

and ditch the kaffe if you dont need v1.1.x support (i use the blackbox port when i
want that kind of support).

HTH

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,