I'm no guru. In a situation where I have something which depends on another and vice
versa
I put them all into an empty dir and use # rpm -Uvh *
This seems to work well.
rgds
max

> Hello, gurus!
>
> I am using Mandrake 8.1 and I just downloaded the kernel-2.4.13-12mdk.i586.rpm and
iptables-1.2.4-2mdk.i586.rpm available in the speakeasy.rpmfind.net site.  I tried to
install the new kernel and iptables using the commands of:

> # rpm -ivh kernel-2.4.13-12mdk.i586.rpm
>
> and
>
> # rpm -Uvh iptables-1.2.4-2mdk.i586.rpm
>
> and vice versa but I wasn't able to install those packages.  It depends to one
>another.
So I decided to open my kongueror browser and click the kernel first and automatically
installed it using RPM Software Manager.  And I was asked if I'll forcely install it
and I
clicked the YES button.  And when it was successfully installed, I also clicked to
install
the iptables package.