Thanks, Mark. I am familiar with regular expressions from years ago when I ran
an SCO 4.2-based BBS (remember BBSes?). I'm getting back into *nix with Linux,
and I'm amazed at the number of things I've forgotten. Concise, clear
explanations like yours are very helpful.

-Paul "He can be taught!" Schwebel

--- Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:20:33 -0800 (PST)
> Paul Schwebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > Could you explain what "regex's in the SMTP'S configuration file" is?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Paul "He can be taught!" Schwebel
>
> Paul,
>
> regex is a geek-speak for regular expression. what it referes to is a search
> function used in Unix/PERL/C/C++ and other high level languages, both
> interpreted and compiled to find alpha-numeric string patterns. since i'm
<snip>