On Friday 07 December 2001 02:50 pm, Ed Tharp wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2001 08:59, you wrote:

> > > ask the root to kill all the shells opened by you after you
> > > logout.
> > >
> > > mario

> > OK, I am the the one who is root, so how do I kill my useraccount
> > shells that are still active? ie, what command, or how do I get
> > the pid? As root I did a ps -A, but don't see the connections
> > anywhere.

> fred are you trying to kill root actions or servers running as
> root? have you considered "top"

   I use this alias in bashrc,    alias wpid="ps ax | grep"

   Typin 'wpid <offending app(s)> will display the the PID's for
the app. For example,

 ~ $ wpid kmail
 1818 ?        S      0:05 kmail -caption KMail -icon kmail.png
-miniicon kmail.

  Then a 'kill <pid number(s)>' will shut 'em down (eg as above,
'kill 1818').

   If they're stubborn 'bout it 'kill -9 <pid number(s)>' will
definitely kill 'em. Only caveat is you must be the user that started
the process ... or root.
--
   Tom Brinkman                    South Texas, USA
You!  What PLANET is this!