I have 4 boxes on my home network. A WinXP box, a Mac OS X box, Mandrake
Linux workstation and a FreeBSD workstation. Earthlink is my ISP and
they have 3 DNS servers. I want to set my Linux and FreeBSD boxes up as
local DNS servers so I figured I would just add their IPs to the list of
nameservers bringing that up to a total of 5 nameservers that OS X or XP
could resolve to. Then someone told me most resolvers only check the
first 3 entries anyway. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Thanks.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn!