On Friday 07 December 2001 05:28 pm, joe wrote:
> I can't get ripperX to create mp3 files.  I am working backwards and
> can create the WAV files but when I try to create mp3 direct from the
> audio cd I end up with a 0K file...even though ripperX reports
> completing the job satisfactorily...
>
> joe

   It's been a long time since I used ripperX, as I've settled on Grip
as a better front end.  Both are just FE's for cdparanoia and the mp3
encoder of your choice (ought'a be,  notlame-3.90-0.20011127.1mdk ,
http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/linux/plf/ , IMO )

   Then I believe it's better to rip to wav's (I use xmms' diskwriter
plugin) and use this utility, normalize-0.6.1-1mdk, to equalize the
volumes of many wav's's and also fix 'bad pages' many contain. Then
encode to mp3's.  Best chance of ending up with 'CD quality' mp3's.

--
____Tom Brinkman _________________ South Texas, USA_____

To a Californian, a person must prove himself criminally insane before he
is allowed to drive a taxi in New York.  For New York cabbies, honesty and
stopping at red lights are both optional.
        -- From "East vs. West: The War Between the Coasts