On Sunday 09 December 2001 16:04, you wrote:
> If I apply every update there is to my Mandrake Linux 8.1 install, why
> wont it be identical to the future 8.2 release? Or, what is the
> difference between an updated 8.1 and 8.2 when it releases?

Various differences are contained between one release and another.  The
updates are for bug and security fixes.  New releases normaly contain new
versions of software, or reconstruction of the distro and/or design.  No, a
fully updated, say 8.0 is not the same as 8.1.  Albeit close in most "user"
issues.

--
Cheers