On Sun, 2001-12-09 at 18:09, NDPTAL85 wrote:
> After about a week of taking my Mandrake 8.1 box off of DHCP and giving
> it its own permanent IP it can no longer resolve domain names when using
> that IP. When I switch it back to DHCP it starts working fine again. I
> am using kernel 2.4.13-12mdk. Has anyone else come across this problem?

My guess would be that your /etc/resolv.conf file is empty. If you were
receiving your DNS info via DHCP, then when you disabled DHCP you no
longer were receiving the IP addresses of your DNS servers. Enter them
in /etc/resolv.conf, and you should be good to go.

If it turns out that you already have the correct IP addresses for your
DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf, I don't know what is going on.

Dave
--
I think that I shall never hear
A poem lovelier than beer.