Yes, I did the upgrade. No, its not a problem. My machine still thinks its
running 8.0
You get a few more icons too.
When you do the upgrade make sure you download all of the developer files
too. It doesnt matter if you are a developer or not, the files seem to take
care of a lot of weird dependencys.

Grant