On Sun, 09 Dec 2001 14:53:27 -0800
irl60 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> frantically pecked out this message:::::

> Hi list
>
> Oh man have I done it this time!
> I am using LM 8.1. I was trying to install a local printer, went to the
> printer setup in Hardrake, than half way through that when I was asked to
> name the printer the system froze. I used Xkill to close the window, and
> tried to start it all over again, but no luck it died again, but this time
> I couldn't even use Xkill, so I hit the reset switch, and up came a bunch
> of stuff starting with the word init.
> Tried to reboot again and this time it said: Kernal Panic: No Init found.
> Try passing init= option to Kernal.
> Do I have to do a re-install without formatting, or maybe there is some
> 'geeky' magic stuff I can do at the konsole eh? What do you guys think?

Mick,

here's some "geeky" magic stuff for you. at the lilo/grub prompt...which ever you're
using, try passing this to the kernel to get yer system to boot.

 linux init=/sbin/init

I believe that is the "init" the kernel is looking for.

hope this helps...
--
Mark

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  9:05pm  up 1 day, 23:01,  1 user,  load average: 1.74, 1.15, 0.75