On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:40:36 -0700
"Miark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> frantically pecked out this message:::::

> Hi all,
>
> I have a real modem that's loosing its mind.
> Every once in a while it will go into a 20-
> minute fit where it it clicks continually as
> if someone were typing
>
> ath1
> ath0
> ath1
> ath0
>
> I think it's been doing it in Windows too.
>
> The modem isn't actually installed in Linux
> because I use a gateway machine for Net access.
>
> Anybody else experience gremlin?

wow! i think at this point i would take that sucker out of the machine, dump some holy
water on it, dig a trench, throw the thing in there and set fire to it just for good
measure. i think your modem is fried! sounds like the firmware on the modem's chip set
went south.

--
Mark

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  7:05am  up 2 days,  9:00,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.17, 0.28