my linux box had a sudden crash which suddenly shut down the computer,
when it booted back up i re booted kppp, to get back online.
however all the settings had gone and i had to re-enter them to get back
online.
once online i noticed the two graphical rx tx lights that show kppp is
running and is working failed to come up leaving me with now way to get back
offline other than switching the modem off.
I cant find an rpm called kppp.rpm so how do i reinstall kppp to get it back
as it should be ?
I later noticed that the original kppp config file is still there but does
not get loaded when kppp boots up??

mandrake 8.1
kernel 2.4.13-6smp
freiserFS