On Friday 14 December 2001 05:43 pm, Randy wrote:

> >     Use of copying, cutting and pasting should be automatic, or if
> > your WM provides a FE like klipper, you can click on it's icon on the
> > panel to get the last half dozen items copied to the clipboard.
>
> Using KDE, but I can't get it to come up from the terminal. After
> reading your post I did get xclipboard to come up. That'll work. Thanks
> Tom.
> Randy Donohoe

   What doesn't come up? X, KDE, or Klipper?

 Ed wrote:
> > I find the Klipper on my menubar. 8.1 standard. are you asking how to
> > use it?
>
> Don't have one in my menu bar. Tried klipper in terminal and it tells
> me, "Xlib : extension "Render" missing on display :0.0. Any ideas on
> that one?
> TIA,
> Randy Donohoe

   Run 'xdpyinfo'  and under 'number of extensions' you will or won't see
RENDER.  Some video cards/chipsets don't support RENDER, it's needed for
stuff like anti-aliasing. I don't know, but I wouldn't think it's needed
for cut'n paste operations. Could be tho, and maybe that's why you're not
getting klipper (?)
--
____Tom Brinkman _________________ South Texas, USA_____