> Robert Boggs wrote:
>
> In harddrake I can see my cdrom and my cd writer, however,
> they will not mount in root. How do I force them to? These
> are SCSI. RB

Robert, you have to check (and possibly edit - (as root))
two files :

1. the file "/etc/lilo.conf" should read something like this
:

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        root=/dev/hda2
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append=" hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi devfs=mount "
        vga=791
        read-only
the important line being : append=" hd(your CD-drive
here)=ide-scsi
which tells the kernel to "see" your ATAPI CD-ROM as a SCSI
device.
After editing this file, remember to run lilo (at a
command-prompt, type : lilo.
Then reboot to let the kernel know the changes.

2. the file "/etc/fstab" should read something like this :

/dev/hda2 / reiserfs notail 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda4 /home reiserfs notail 1 2
/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto
0 0
/dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom2 auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto
0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto
0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat
iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,codepage=850 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
the important lines being the ones with the cdrom's.

Regards

Kaj Haulrich