Hiya, back to this topic. 1 Week ago I bought an Epson Stylus C80.
According to the www.linuxprinting.org this is a very good buy. So I have
it, but I cannot get it to work :-( Whether it's me or what I don't know. I
tried so many things, after inserting their driver for the C80, and
eventually someone said to me that I had to install the latest gimp-print.
I did this but the damage was already done. CUPS seems extremely messed up,
and when running printerdrake now it just hangs for about 5 minutes, and
finally when I get through to the configure printer screen, things do not
work.

Has anyone here else (running Mandrake) go a C80, and if so, how did you
get it to work? I know it does work, as users running Debian and Redhat
have told me, but maybe it's Mandrake (don't think so), or just my CUPS.

I tried uninstalling CUPS and deleting all config files created by it, but
this didn't help. It just hangs. I am thinking about reinstalling Mandrake,
but then at least I should know what to do beforehand.

I would appreciate any ideas / info you guys could offer :-)

Thanks in advance
Ralph