Es Dilluns 17 Desembre 2001 01:12, en Shadow va escriure:
> I'm attempting to install Linux for the first time ever. I'm installing
> Mandrake 8.1 on a Dell C600 laptop.  The problem I'm currently running into
> concerns my PCMCIA Card.  I have a Linksys PCMPC100 ethernet card.  I'm
> using the Gnome desktop and when I go into Mandrake control center and
> attempt to configure my network card, it detects the card and then presents
> me with a list of drivers, asking which Net Driver to use.  I've checked
> several websites and have found that I should use axnet_cs as the driver.
> Unfortunately, that driver is not listed in the table the command center is
> presenting to me.
/etc/pcmcia/config shows that your card is shown as:
"Linksys Etherfast 10/100 Fast Ethernet" or
"Linksys Etherfast PCMPC100 V3 Fast Ethernet"

You should try these.  If it doesn't work the following cards use axnet_cs
driver:
-Asix AX88190 Fast Ethernet
-Ambicom AMB8110 Fast Ethernet
etc.  To try more look for axnet_cs string in /etc/pcmcia/config

Hope that helps...  ;)

--
    Joan Tur. Ibiza - Spain
Yahoo & AOL quini2k  ICQ 11407395