On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 14:40, David wrote:
> hi
> my linux box suddenly has become very unstable, so i decided to re-install
> the root only to find its still the same. During the boot up ther is
> something about a segmatation fault and lots of numbers ??? whizz by.
> is there any way to log what the screen says as it boots so i can actually
> read what its saying about the fault ? If any one knows what asegmatation
> fualt is .plz tell ??
>
> David
>

> ------------=_1008977773-11608-1006
> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Well use your install disk to boor in rescue mode if you can't get up
any other way, and make sure you are able to chroot to your / and mount
whatever partition is normally mounted to /var

Then

# cat /var/log/boot.log

Sounds like something serious.  Remember /imagers/memtest-x86.bin is on
the first install CD, in case you need it.

Civileme