On Tue, 25 Dec 2001 13:03:56 +0100, Kaj Haulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Merry Christmas to all, especially Civileme, Sridhar, Ed, Tom and all of
> you helpful people !

Thanks! Same to you.

> > Mick wrote:
> >
> > Hello Kaj,
> >
> > Have you ever come across this before. As of a day or two ago, I can
> > no longer post to the newbie list on Mandrake. My emails are
> > constantly being returned as errors. I called my ISP and asked them to
> > look into the matter. I can recieve email from the list, so I am still
> > subscribed to it. I am including the latest error message from my ISP
> > if it'll help. I can also send and recieve email from everyone else in
> > my address book, but not 'to' the 'Newbie' list!
> > I even tried using my wifes machine to post to the list, still
> > nothing.

The newbie list's address was probably blacklisted by the ISP. This is often
triggered when the list server continuously tries to send messsages to a full
mailbox (any box held on the ISP's servers). Mick will have to try to clear
things up with the ISP.

> > Even more annoying, is the fact that since I have tried to setup a
> > network and Connection Sharing configuration in 'Control Center' and
> > failed, I can no longer recieve email or reach a web address using my
> > Linux box! I don't suppose there is an undo button??
> > I have tried to quit the network connection between my box and the
> > wifes computer, but this has not helped. It seems there are settings
> > set on my Linux box that is stopping it from using an ordinary
> > Internet connection using it's own modem.
> > If you can advise, please send it my way, if not hey here goes another
> > install!

Sorry, don't know this one.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan