On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 22:26:38 -0800
ajax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> routing tables.  My only problem now is that when I restart the network or
> reboot I lose my changes to my routing table.
> Is there any way to stop this?
> What config file would this be in?
> Thanks

ajax,

In order for you to keep the routing rules you're telling the firewall to use while
it's running you will have to code the rules in a bash script and have it run at
startup.

this script can be as plain and simple as a series of commands that you would enter on
the command line in a terminal, or as complex as a fule blown dynamic bash program
script. the choice is yours and also depends upon your coding abilities and
application needs.

If it's just some static rules that you want to install each time the firewall is
started up then simply code this commands into a simple bash script and save the file
to /etc/rc.d/init.d, chmod it to 755 and then add a line to the end of /etc/rc.local
reading something like this:

        /etc/rc.d/init.d/extra-chains
--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  9:05am  up 9 days, 54 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.65, 0.41