I used the software manager to get the latest security updates for my 8.0 system.  It installed kernel headers, docs, kernel.  Machine reboots just fine.  But when I want to cruize the internet and use a modem, it gives me an error message that the ppp module was not loaded.

I used the command /sbin/modprobe -v ppp

It says it cannot find it.

Boy did I screw up trying to do some updates!

So in essence,

HELP!!!

Thanks guys,
eric

until I get it fixed I've set up my isp on the win partition and this is the first time I have seen it since I've installed 8.0 or 7.2.  Who remembers.