Hello all,

I have been running Mandrake Linux since it's 7.2 release. I never had
problems untill I upgraded to v8.1.

I am running the following:

An MSI 6163 Lite (VIA Chipset) M/B (with a Creative CT5880 Sound Card onboard)
533 MHz Intel Celleron CPU
128 MB RAM
1 15 GB Quantum HD, 1 20 GB Quantum HD
Creative Sound Blaster 128 PCI
A CTX PR705F Monitor.

Win98SE and, of course, MDK 8.1.

I have migrated from M$ 6 months ago and was very happy with the move.

My problems with 8.1 are as follow:

Some times the whole desktop (KDE) freezes, nothing helps but the reset
bottun.

Afer every boot, I have to run sndconfig and restart the sound service for
the KMix app to work under X. I have the Onboard CT5880 disabled.

I can hear the MPEG movies I play with plaympeg, but not see them...

The Konqueror Browser (both the KFM and the WEB parts) stop working after a
few times of use, I have to exit X, su and delete DCOP random seeds and user
files under /tmp.

All of these are really annoying. I am wondering, should I go back to v8.0 ?

Thanks,
--
Amichai.
(SBY)