Hugo Saro wrote:

>Guys, i didn't find any other place to post this, so
>if anyone can help me here..
>
>My new computer came with Windows XP (Pro) installed.
>It was running fine till suddenly, somethings began
>not to work. The search (F3) only showed a blank area,
>User Accounts under control panel would no longer work
>(Blank area again), and even the Check All & Delete
>buttons (yahoo) among others won't work anymore. This
>is stressing me, obviously. I've mailed microsoft but
>they replied with the usual contact computer
>manufacturer or check this site, so no much help from
>them.
>
>Ultimately, could any one help on how to create a
>bootdisk for ntfs ? i'm getting tired of XP anyway so
>if i can't fix it..
>
>Thanks in advance

>Send your FREE holiday greetings online!
>http://greetings.yahoo.com

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Well you are not the only XP user to show here.  We had one whose
Microsoft keyboard and mouse disappeared after an upgrade.. and also
after a fresh install of XP.

This disappearance suggests a likely hardware problem.  If you can give
us the make and model of computer, we may be able to get the right
contact point for you if it is hardware.  Generally any computer
manufacturer has a vested interest in solving your problem the first
time you call, because three calls kill all the profit in selling you
the system.

It is not possible to make a dual-boot linux with windows XP running
ntfs and having the whole disk to start with.  If you want to try linux
you will either have to reinstall XP with FAT32 or install it on a
partition less than the whole disk leaving a space unpartitioned or use
partition magic or a similar tool to work with the partitions.  One of
the disadvantages of using free software is that it deals mostly with
formats that are not secret or priprietary or for which one must sign a
Non-Disclosure Agreement to obtain information.

With all of that said, yes we are willing to help anyone with any system
here, but some systems we know more about than others.  The more we know
about your hardware setup and system, the better positined we will be to
help you.

Civileme