Hello,

        I believe I have been asking the wrong questions.  I think I need to remove
my gl things and my 2313/2314 GLX/kernels.  I am pretty sure I now have the
correct commands to install these if I can get back to a "clean" system
first.  Hopefully one of you guru's can tell me how to do this without
reinstalling Linux.

        I have the i586 linux kernel, single processor.  I downloaded 2313/14 source
rpms and told it to upgrade instead of install (I hadn't installed any before
on this system/linux install).  I read on nVidia's site/pdf that upgrading
the GLX causes some things to be mistakenly removed.  So when I put the line
to load the glx module into my xf86config-4 file my nVidia splash screen went
away.  Without this line I have the splash, but neither way has gl/3d support
for me (I screwed up!).

        I also screwed something up because it gave me this line:
Wrote:  /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i686/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2313.i686.rpm
somewhere along, I must have followed the wrong directions in more ways than
one because I haven't tried to recompile my linux kernel with the i686
optimizations, it is just the regularly installed i586 version!

        Looking to fix this SOON!

        Thanks for your help and patience,
        Wes Gregg
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]