On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:04:11 -0800, Grant Fraser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to install SO 5.2 from the 8.0 CD. The setup program is in the
> KDE menu. I want to put the program where it can be installed once and used
> by all. SO seems to want to have a full copy of itself in each user directory.
> I have tried Network install and Workstation install. As root I can get the
> program to install to /usr/share/staroffice52
> As user I cannot access it without the setup program running again.
> How do I get the program files in one directory and the user files in
> another. I did not see that option.

You need to run the initial setup routine with the /net flag.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I care about the fact that our internal design has to be robust. It doesn't
have to make everybody happy, but it has to be clean both conceptually and from
a pure implementation standpoint. I don't want a "hack that works.""
        -- Linus Torvalds