On my 8.1 system I have recently encountered a problem shutting down the
computer.  I'm not sure what could be causing the problem since I rarely
need to power down, but when I choose 'halt', the system powers down and
then right up again.  This didn't used to happen.

Booting into Windows98 (something that's only been done a few times on
this box) shuts down without a problem (of course sometimes it crashes
while running).  So it's not a hardware issue.  What could be causing
this?

-Paul Rodríguez