I'm have problems mounting my cdrom.  I assume that supermount was installed
on the system. I have tried mounting the cdrom drive at the command line and
using konqueror with no success.  I have two cdroms installed - a TEAC CDRW
and a generic cdrom that did not work in windows, so I am only concerned with
with getting the TEAC to work.  It was working OK with a default install of
Mandrake 8.0.  When I run HardDrake 3 cdrom devices are detected:

1) Model: 40X CD-ROM
Device: /dev/hdd
Bus Type: ATAPI/IDE
2) Model: CD-W58E
Device: /dev/hdc
Bus Type: ATAPI/IDE
3)Vendor: TEAC
Model: CD-W58E
Device: /dev/scd0
Bus Type: SCSI

Seems that HardDrake is detecting the TEAC drive twice.  Also, the TEAC drive
is not a SCSI drive (I think I would have remembered installing a SCSI card
and a big chunk of change leaving my bank account!)

Here is my /etc/fstab that I have not edited:

/dev/hda9 / ext2 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/scd0,fs=iso9660,exec,ro,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0
0/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom2 auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/hda7 /mnt/win_d vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/win_e vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0

In the boot log it looks like a SCSI driver is being loaded for the CD rom:

        SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
        scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
          Vendor: TEAC      Model: CD-W58E           Rev: 1.0A
          Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Near the end of the log I found this:

        SCSI cdrom error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return code = 28000000
        Info fld=0x10, ILI Current sd0b:00: sense key Illegal Request
        Additional sense indicates Illegal mode for this track
         I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 64
        isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=0b:00, iso_blknum=16, block=16
        SCSI cdrom error : host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return code = 28000000
        Info fld=0x10, ILI Current sd0b:00: sense key Illegal Request

Actually, the lines "Additional sense... " to "Info fld=0x10..." is repeated
five or six times.  Also, when I do a "ls hd*" in /dev hdc is not there but
when I look for SCSI devices I find scd0.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get the CDrom working?  I know this is a
lengthy message but I wanted to include all the information that someone who
really knows hardware and Mandrake would need.

TIA,
mr_tortoise