On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:01:39 -0500
Wes Gregg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       Hi,
>
>       I just remembered that I saw a program once that allowed you to type a
> website address (ie, http://gnttype.org for instance) and tell it how many
> "levels" deep you wanted it to go and it would start downloading complete
> pages to your hard drive for offline browsing.  It would allow the option of
> specifing what type of files to get (html, graphics & sound, etc.) or not as
> the case would be and if you wanted links followed how deep to go in them as
> well.

<snip>

>       Thanks much,
>       Wes Gregg
>       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       Registered Linux User # 252649

i think you are referring to httrack. if i remember it correctly their homepage is at
httrack.com but if that fails, do a search at freshmeat.net. be warned that the linux
version does not have a gui but the manual written by fred (?) cohen is more than
enough to get you started.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079