the best bash scripting guide that you can have is the one from linuxdoc.org or better
known as the linux documentation project. the BASH-HowTo is often revised for errors
and currently equivalent to a 400page book. its more than what you bargained for and a
rather obsolete version is included with the help packages in your installation. do
yourself a favor and surf to the linuxdoc site and you can find the pdf and html
formats there.

HTH.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 22:02:14 +0100
"Andrei Raevsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am looking for a good bash scripting tutorial/manual for BEGINNERS who are
> new Bash, Linux and scripting.  Ideally - a book in PDF format or something
> in HTML.
> Please let me know if you know were I could find such an item.
> Thanks!
> Andrei

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079