That application is kghostview
I assume it needs ghostview installed to work so it is worth checking that
Ghostview is present. It is also worth checking how your documents look in
Ghostview.

You should be able to view your documents with Ghostview if you right click
on them in konqueror file manager. It should offer you a choice of several
viewers. If it does not then just select 'Open with' and then type gv in the
application select  window.

You could also go to the adobe site and install Acrobat reader. However
personally I find Ghostview much nicer to use. For example the Adobe Acrobat
reader cannot even rotate the page. Sometimes you do find some pdf files that
cannot be read in one or other of the viewers so it is useful to have more
than one available.

If you want to use a different application as the default vewer then just
open KDE control Centre>File Browsing>File Associations and then either
add/delete applications or change their precedence order.

HTH

derek